What’s not covered by business vehicle insurance
We will not pay for:
Any accident, injury, loss or damage while any vehicle that is insured under this policy is being:
- Used otherwise than for the purposes described under the “Description of use” section of your certificate of motor insurance, or
Driven by or is in the charge of any person for the purposes of being driven who:
- Is not described under the section of your certificate of motor insurance headed “Permitted drivers”, or
- Does not have a valid and current licence to drive your vehicle, or
- Is not complying with the terms and conditions of the licence, or
- Does not have the appropriate licence for the type of vehicle.
We will not withdraw this cover:
While your vehicle is in the custody or control of:
- A member of the motor trade for the purposes of maintenance or repair, or
- An employee of a hotel or restaurant or vehicle parking service for the purpose of parking your vehicle.
- If the injury, loss or damage was caused as a result of the theft of your vehicle.
- By reason of the person driving not having a driving licence, if the principal policyholder and/or vehicle policyholder had no knowledge of such deficiency.
- Any liability a person insured has agreed to take on except to the extent the person insured would have had that liability if that agreement did not exist.
- Loss or destruction of, or damage to, any property or associated loss or expense, or any other loss, or
Any legal liability, that is directly or indirectly caused by, contributed to by or arising from:
- Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any irradiated nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
Any consequence whatsoever which is the direct or indirect result of any of the following, or anything connected with any of the following, whether or not such consequence has been contributed to by any other cause or event:
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or a warlike operation or operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to an uprising, military or usurped power,
- Any action taken in controlling, preventing, suppressing or in any way relating to (a) above, except to the extent that it is necessary to meet the requirements of the Road Traffic Acts.
- Any accident, injury, loss or damage if your vehicle is registered outside the territorial limits.