Underwriting this policy
When it comes to putting Group Critical Illness in place, we’ll do everything we can to help you. We don’t need to collect any medical information about your employees to set up your Group Critical Illness policy. In the event of a claim, we’ll simply investigate whether or not the illness or an associated illness existed before the policy started, and then assess the claim on that basis. Everyone who is eligible will be covered as soon as the policy begins.
If you are switching from another provider
We’ll need to see all the underwriting details from your previous insurer for your employees who have been underwritten. We may apply some conditions to your policy if you’re transferring a Group Critical Illness scheme, but we’re happy to explain them to you. As an overview, these are the conditions that we may apply:
If your scheme transfers to Aviva and:
- There’s an increase in benefit compared to the previous insurer, then the pre-existing conditions exclusion will apply to the increase in benefit from the date that cover starts with us.
- There’s a critical illness or operation on our policy that wasn’t previously covered, then the pre-existing conditions exclusion will apply to that condition from the date that cover starts with us.
- There’s a pre-existing conditions exclusion with the current insurer, for benefits and conditions that are the same on both policies, then the pre-existing conditions exclusion will apply from the date(s) your previous insurer had applied.
- There’s a benefit underwritten and accepted with a medical exclusion, then we’ll continue to apply that exclusion and the pre-existing conditions exclusion will not apply to that benefit.
- There’s a benefit underwritten and accepted without medical exclusions, then we won’t apply the pre-existing conditions exclusion, nor will we apply a loading, even if your previous insurer did.