Making a claim
Please note: This information relates to policies quoted after 28 September 2015.
It's the call we hope that your employee’s families never have to make, but if there is a need to make a claim on one of our Group Life policies, we'll do everything we can to help.
Our clients are our number one priority, so we're constantly looking at ways to improve our service and our claims process. That's why Aviva are proud to offer online claims for Group Life.
One simple online process
- No need to fill out lengthy forms
- No need to supply us with the original death certificate.
In certain situations the original certificate may still be required. For example in the event of a death abroad or a claimant submitting a claim early, prior to the register being updated. Also if an interim death certificate had been issued we will need the original.
There are now just six simple steps to follow should the trustees need to make a claim:
- Personal details. Claimants complete their personal details and details of the policy, including the scheme name and number.
- Verification of death. We'll also ask for the employee’s personal details and the date, location and cause of death. We'll then use this information to check the government's Death Register, which will provide us with verification of death, needed to process the claim.
- Membership. We ask for the membership details, including length of time the member was employed at the company and their salary.
- Beneficiaries. The claimant will also need to list the dependant's details, the amount of pension the employee accrued and who this is to be paid to and we will also ask for payment details of the named beneficiary on the policy.
- Summary. Once all of the information is submitted, we will provide a summary for them to check and ensure all of the details entered are correct. They will then have the option go to back and change any details entered before submitting the claim.
- Confirmation. Once the claim has been submitted we will supply the claimant with a Client Reference Number, and email them a summary of the claim. Should they have any questions or queries, contact our Claims team on 01603 680715 quoting their Client Reference Number.
As soon as we receive notification of a claim we'll work with you to support your employees' families and colleagues. Every one of our claims team is trained to handle details sensitively and if you have any questions relating to a claim, please don't hesitate to talk to us on 01603 680715.
Our confidential bereavement helpline also provides valuable advice on practical as well as emotional matters 24 hours a day.
We do not pay any claims or requests for additional amounts of benefit, which are submitted more than two years after an employee’s death. To enable payment to be made without a signature on the claim form, we will ask the Trustee(s) of the policy to complete a one off account registration form.