Workout at Work Day 2015
Published: 11 Jun 2015
Aviva will be again hosting Workout at Work Day in partnership with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) on Friday 12 June. This is an annual awareness day which highlights to employees the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and regular physical activity both inside and out of the workplace.
On Workout at Work Day, physiotherapists go into work places across the UK to promote the importance of being physically active during the working day and keeping 'fit for work'. Physiotherapists have a key role to play in preventing and treating work related ill-health and can advise on safe exercise to improve health, keeping employees free from absence.
How can my clients get involved with Workout at Work Day?
Aviva are offering to provide Work out at Work Day for large corporate clients and all you have to do is contact your account manager for more information.
Workout at Work Day can kick start healthier habits
One group of employees, who participated in Work out at Work Day 2014, were asked what they’d gained from the day:
- 59% said it increased their knowledge and understanding of the importance of exercise
- 64% said it had increased their understanding of the role physiotherapists play in public health
- 59% said they were very/extremely likely to build more activity into their daily lives.
Free CSP advice
The CSP has free online resources to help your clients get their employees more active. These include:
- A set of postcards with exercises for office-based workers.
- Fit for Work - which provides advice for office-based workers or those employed in sedentary jobs. This includes practical advice on how to improve health at work and ideas for addressing workplace stress.
- Easy Exercise Guide - offering advice on taking the first steps towards a healthier lifestyle.
- Under Pressure - a leaflet looking at the link between physical activity and mental wellbeing, with advice on staying happy and healthy at work.
- Fitness Profits - a booklet offering advice to employers about the role physiotherapy can play in keeping staff healthy and productive.
- Drive Clear of Pain - a step-by-step guide to correct car set-up, plus some simple stretches for when you take a break from the wheel.
For more information on how your clients can benefit from a Workout at Work Day, contact your usual Aviva Account Manager.
Can we help you?
Think of us as part of your team.
Find the right details on our Contact Us page