Product updates for Companies
Your corporate clients are usually looking for more value, at a lower cost, and we understand that. Helping employers, as well as employees, to get the most from our IPMI products makes sense. That's why we're keen to work with you, and help your clients understand how our enhancements to International Solutions for companies could help their staff who are living and working overseas. Here, you'll find an overview of our most recent enhancements.
Full details of cover, options and exclusions are listed in the Company International Solutions pre-sale brochure PDF (PDF 3.32MB). and Gulf Solutions pre-sale brochure for Companies (PDF 1.94MB).
- Dutch collaboration – if your clients’ employees live in the Netherlands, we can provide cover to complement Dutch compulsory insurance.
- Compliant cover in the Gulf – Gulf Solutions now provides cover in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
- We have also put in place compliant cover in Dubai in line with legal requirements from the Dubai Health Authority. Gulf Solutions cover in the UAE is provided by Emirates Insurance Company. Full details of cover options and exclusions are listed in the Gulf Solutions for employees working in the UAE policy summary (PDF 2.64MB).
- International Solutions - Expat Health App - giving your clients' employees instant secure access to claims guides and their medical records, wherever they are - 24/7.
- MyNAS portal - giving your clients in the Gulf access to a secure online portal that enables them to view their benefit details and submit and track the status of claims for reimbursement online.
Within some countries in the Gulf it's necessary to have mandatory medical insurance provided by a locally licensed insurer. We've teamed up with Bahrain Kuwait Insurance Company, Arab Orient Insurance Company, Kuwait Qatar Insurance Company, Oman Qatar Insurance Company, Q Life & Medical Insurance company, Emirates Insurance Company and NAS Administration Services to design policies that cater for your clients living and working in this region.
Gulf Solutions cover in the UAE is provided by Emirates Insurance Company.
Full details of cover options and exclusions are listed in the Gulf Solutions for employees working in the UAE policy summary (PDF 2.64MB).
Looking for information about what’s new for your individual clients?
- The Netherlands
Living and working in the Netherlands
If your clients’ employees live in the Netherlands, they are normally required by Dutch law to have mandatory Dutch national health insurance. This cover has to be provided by a Dutch insurer and will give members comprehensive medical cover for treatment in the Netherlands. With that in mind, we are collaborating with OZF, who are part of the Achmea group, one of the leading Dutch healthcare insurers. This means members can be covered by a local Dutch insurer, and also benefit from the cover provided by International Solutions outside the Netherlands – at a discounted rate.
- For members living in the Netherlands, we have designed our cover to complement Dutch compulsory insurance. Their International Solutions policy will provide cover for eligible treatment outside the Netherlands – and their Dutch insurer will be expected to provide cover for treatment within the Netherlands. The only exception to this is for Dental cover. If your client includes one of our Dental options on their International Solutions policy, members will be covered for dental treatment regardless of where this takes place. This means your clients with employees in the Netherlands can benefit from a discount on their International Solutions premium.
- As part of our collaboration with OZF, clients with an International Solutions policy can also benefit from a special deal on their Dutch compulsory insurance. This means OZF will provide the compulsory Dutch cover and a range of additional upgrades, and your clients will benefit from a reduction on OZF’s standard rates.
- If your clients are insured with another Dutch provider, they can choose to switch to OZF and benefit from these discounts at their next renewal. If they are already insured with OZF, they can benefit from these rates straight away. Find out more
- Cover in the Gulf
Living and working in the Gulf region
Healthcare regulations are relatively complex in the Gulf, where local compliant coverage needs to be in place provided by a locally licenced insurance provider. Gulf Solutions provides specific cover in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
By working with local providers, our specialist Gulf Solutions products ensure that employees have appropriate cover if they're living in this region, and can still access benefits if they travel outside the region.
For employees based in the UAE (PDF 2.64MB), cover is provided by Emirates Insurance Company and has been enhanced to provide compliant cover in line with new regulations from the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), as well as the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD).
For those who took out a policy or renewed between 1st March 2015 - 1st October 2015:
- Download our fact sheet (PDF 113 KB)
For customers taking out a policy or renewing after 1st October 2015, Maternity benefit has been updated to reflect recent legislative updates from the DHA:
- Download our Gulf Solutions Update fact sheet (PDF 119 KB)
Gulf Solutions is suitable for employees who hold a visa to work or reside in the UAE. The product is compliant with the regulations in Abu Dhabi and Dubai where it's a requirement to provide additional benefits. If your clients' employees are based in the UAE, the appropriate mandatory benefits will automatically be included on the policy.
If your Aviva clients' employees currently live in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar or the UAE, they will receive further information about this in their renewal documentation.
They can also access myNAS portal which enables your clients in the Gulf to view their benefit details and submit and track the status of claims for reimbursement online.
Please refer to Gulf Solutions for companies for more information.
- International Solutions app
International Solutions - Expat Health App
Developed in conjunction with Medelinked, our app offers secure, mobile access to ‘how to claim’ information and MyHealthPassport. This gives your corporate clients' employees the reassurance of knowing they have all the information they need – in their pocket – no matter where they are in the world. Find out more about our Expat Health App.
If there's any way we can help you and your clients to put the right international private medical insurance policy in place, please contact us.
Can we help you?
Think of us as part of your team. For help or queries, call us on:0800 015 5255
9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday
For policy quotes, please email:
Calls to and from Aviva may be recorded and/or monitored
Aviva International Solutions Expat Health App
Your clients can now download our International Solutions app.