Product updates for individuals
The world changes. We've worked with experts around the world to make sure our International Private Medical Insurance policies fully support individuals who are living or working overseas. Our most recent enhancements to International Solutions should make it even easier to help your clients choose the right IPMI policy for their needs:
Full details of cover, options and exclusions are listed in the Individual International Solutions Pre-Sale Brochure PDF (PDF 4.51MB) and Gulf Solutions Pre-Sale Brochure for individuals PDF (PDF 2.57MB).
- Dutch collaboration – if your clients live in the Netherlands, we have revised our cover to complement Dutch mandatory insurance.
- Compliant cover in more countries – building on the successful launch of our Gulf Solutions products, Gulf Solutions now provides cover in two new countries - Bahrain and Jordan, as well as Oman and the United Arab Emirates.
- Enhanced cover in the UAE - We’ve enhanced cover in Dubai in line with new regulations from the Dubai Health Authority.
- International Solutions - Expat Health App - to give your clients instant secure access to claims guides and their medical records, wherever they are – 24/7.
Within some countries in the Gulf it's necessary to have mandatory medical insurance provided by a locally licensed insurer. We've teamed up with Bahrain Kuwait Insurance Company, Arab Orient Insurance Company, Oman Qatar Insurance Company, Emirates Insurance Company and NAS Administration Services to design policies that cater for your clients living and working in this region.
Gulf Solutions cover in the UAE is provided by Emirates Insurance Company.
Full details of cover options and exclusions are listed in the Gulf Solutions for indviduals in the UAE pre-sale brochure (PDF 2.64MB).
- The Netherlands
Living and working in the Netherlands
If your clients live in the Netherlands, as you may be aware, under Dutch law they are normally required to have mandatory Dutch national health insurance. This cover has to be provided by a Dutch insurer and will give them comprehensive medical cover for treatment in the Netherlands. With that in mind, we are collaborating with OZF, who are part of the Achmea group, one of the leading Dutch healthcare insurers. This means your clients can be covered by a local Dutch insurer, and also benefit from the cover provided by International Solutions outside the Netherlands – at a discounted rate.
- For clients living in the Netherlands, we’ve revised our cover to complement Dutch mandatory insurance. Their International Solutions policy will provide cover for eligible treatment outside the Netherlands – and their Dutch insurer will be expected to provide cover for treatment within the Netherlands. The only exception to this is for Dental cover. If your client includes one of our Dental options on their International Solutions policy, they’ll be covered for dental treatment regardless of where this takes place. This means your clients in the Netherlands can benefit from a discount on their International Solutions premium.
- As part of our collaboration with Dutch insurer OZF, your clients with an International Solutions policy can also benefit from a special deal on their Dutch mandatory insurance. This means OZF will provide the mandatory Dutch cover and a range of additional upgrades, and your clients will benefit from a reduction on OZF’s standard rates.
- If your clients are insured with another Dutch provider, they can choose to switch to OZF and benefit from these discounts at their next renewal. If they are already insured with OZF, they can benefit from these rates straight away. Find out more
- Cover in the Gulf
Living and working in the Gulf region
Healthcare regulations are relatively complex in the Gulf, where where local compliant coverage needs to be in place and often has to be provided by a locally licenced insurance provider. Building on the success of our Gulf Solutions products, we have made further enhancements to the cover we provide in this region to give your clients greater support in two further countries, Bahrain and Jordan.
By working with local providers, our specialist Gulf Solutions products ensure that individuals have appropriate cover if they're living in Bahrain, Jordan, Oman or the UAE, and can still access benefits if they travel outside the region.
For clients in the UAE, cover is provided by Emirates Insurance Company and has been recently enhanced to provide compliant cover in line with the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) legal requirements, as well as the legal requirements from the Abu Dhabi Health Authority (HAAD).
For customers taking out a policy or renewing after 1st October 2015, Maternity benefit has been updated to reflect recent legislative updates from the DHA:
- Download our Gulf Solutions Update fact sheet (PDF 119 KB)
Gulf Solutions is suitable for clients who hold a visa to work or reside in the UAE. The product is compliant with the legal requirements in Abu Dhabi and Dubai where it's a requirement to provide additional benefits. If your clients are based in the UAE, the appropriate mandatory benefits will automatically be included on their policy.
If your clients are currently on an International Solutions policy and live in the Gulf, they will receive further information about this in their renewal documentation.
Please refer to Gulf Solutions for individuals for more information.
- International Solutions app
International Solutions – Expat Health App
Developed in partnership with Medelinked, our app offers secure, mobile access to ‘how to claim’ information and MyHealthPassport. This gives your individual clients the reassurance of knowing they have all the information they need – in their pocket – no matter where they are in the world. Find out more about our Expat Health App.
If you have any questions, or your clients would like more information, please think of us as part of your team and contact us for further details.
Can we help you?
Think of us as part of your team. For help or queries, call us on:0800 015 5255
9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday
For policy quotes, please email:
Calls to and from Aviva may be recorded and/or monitored
Aviva International Solutions Expat Health App
Your clients can now download our International Solutions app.