Article date: 26 May 2009
Norwich Union Healthcare (soon to be Aviva) today confirmed that it has increased its Group Life Once Only Underwriting bar from £3 million to £5 million, with immediate effect. This will apply retrospectively to any Norwich Union Healthcare Group Life cases that have already been underwritten on a Once Only basis.
Pamela Stephens, head of group risk at Norwich Union Healthcare, said: “Once Only Underwriting was extremely well received and has clearly helped simplify the Group Risk underwriting process. Our decision to increase our Once Only Underwriting bar from £3 million to £5 million means that we now offer some of the most generous terms in the market, further demonstrating our commitment to offering our customers high quality Group Risk products.”
For further information, please contact:
Amber Scott (nee Chable) 0238 0359383 Amber.email@example.com
Notes to editors:
About Norwich Union Healthcare
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcare arm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of private medical insurance, income protection, occupational health and group life products and services that cover over 2,400,000 lives. It is one of the largest providers of income protection, group life and private medical insurance in the UK.
- Norwich Union Occupation Health, a sister company of Norwich Union Healthcare, provides occupational health solutions and services to a wide range of industry sectors. By utilising their large fleet of purpose built mobile clinics and approved medical centres, staffed by a team of experienced occupational physicians and nursing staff, the services are designed to meet the individual needs of clients.
- Norwich Union Healthcare is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the Association of British Insurers and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of images are available from Aviva’s internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media.
- Aviva is the world’s fifth largest* insurance group, serving 50 million customers across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
- Aviva's main business activities are long-term savings, fund management and general insurance, with worldwide total sales of £51.4 billion and funds under management of £381 billion at 31 December 2008.
- We are the largest insurance services provider in the UK and one of the leading providers of life and pension products in Europe.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive.
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit www.thenewsmarket.com/aviva.
*based on gross worldwide premiums at 31 December 2007