Article date: 13 September 2001
Norwich Union has set up a dedicated 24-hour travel helpline toprovide information and assistance to its customers and businesspartners following the tragic events in the United States onTuesday.
The helpline will be manned by Norwich Union staff, who willanswer questions from customers and intermediaries about individualpolicy cover. They will also help with more general travel andclaim enquires following the terrorist attacks.
The Freefone number for callers within the UK is 0800 028 3716.For those calling outside the UK, the number is +44 1738 493486(international rates apply).
Simon Machell, claims director at the UK’s largestinsurer, said: “Our priority is to do what we can to supportany of our customers caught up in the aftermath of the terribleevents in the United States earlier this week.”
Jenny Chapman at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 64
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the General Insurance Standards Council
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK’s largest insurance group and one of thetop-five insurers in Europe with substantial positions in othermarkets around the world, making it the world’s sixthlargest insurer based on gross world-wide premiums.
- CGNU’s principal business activities are long-termsavings, fund management and general insurance, with world-widepremium income and retail investment sales from ongoing businessof over £27 billion and assets under management of more than £200billion
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thissite
- A selection of images are available from the CGNU Newscastsite at www.newscast.co.uk
For life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68