Article date: 1 October 2001
Norwich Union Healthcare has launched a new range of Cash Planswith improved benefits and a wider choice of premium options tosuit both individual and family members.
New features of the latest products, which replace Norwich UnionHealthcare's existing range of individual and voluntary scheme CashPlans, include:
- Payments for routine travel vaccinations and medical check-upsby GPs
- Increased limits for routine dental checks and eye tests,which now offer 100%
- Individual cover available for as little as 20p a day, andfamily cover available for an additional 13p per day
Carolyn Derrington, head of business development for NorwichUnion Healthcare, said: "Our Cash Plans are already award-winners,but we are constantly looking at ways to improve and enhance ourproducts and they now represent even better value for money."
With only 11.6% of the UK population currently covered by ahealth cash plan, and considerable future growth predicted due tothe increasing cost of primary healthcare - particularly dental andoptical costs - these new products provide affordable individual,affinity or voluntary scheme options.
Intermediaries can rely on Norwich Union Healthcare's dedicatedsupport teams to provide expert assistance during the salesprocess.
Standard commission is 25% initial and 5% renewal, based on theannual premium.
Anyone wanting more information about Norwich UnionHealthcare Cash Plans should call 0800 0150 221.
Media contact - Louise Zucchi, Norwich Union Press Office,08703 666860
Notes to Editors:
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcarearm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of income protectionand private medical insurance products to to around 750,000customers. It is one of the largest providers of income protectionand private medical insurance in the UK.
- CGU and Norwich Union merged on 30 May 2000 to create CGNU plc- the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion, and assets under management of more than £200 billion(as at 30 June 2001).
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Member of the General Insurance Standards Council.
- Norwich Union's news releases are available on thiswebsite.
- A selection of images are available from the CGNU Newscastsite at www.newscast.co.uk.
For life and pensions media enquiries 08703 666873
For all other media enquiries 08703 666868