Article date: 4 October 2001
Norwich Union - the UK's largest insurer - has joined forceswith My Money Adviser, an innovative technology company, to providefinancial advisers with e-commerce solutions for transactingbusiness online.
A joint scheme will be introduced to IFAs during a series ofroadshows between 30th October and 29th November 2001. Hosted byNorwich Union and My Money Adviser, the regional roadshows willcover all aspects of setting up a financial adviser webpresence.
With more and more people due to be online by next year, manyadvisers could miss out on potential business opportunities throughtheir lack of website presence.
This Norwich Union / My Money Adviser alliance will provide IFAswith practical support and access to their own branded website,complete with e-commerce functionality. My Money Adviser isoffering tailored sites to advisers for just £100 per month.
This relationship will provide added benefits and value to theservice that Norwich Union already provides to IFAs, helping themto overcome the barriers and make the most of using theinternet.
Ann-Marie Martyn, managing director of My Money Adviser said,"In such a fast paced environment, keeping abreast of developmentsis hard work. Advisers across the country tell us they want to geton the web, but don't know how to or are frightened of theinvestment required. "Norwich Union is already a big player withplenty of market knowledge and experience. And we understand thepractical issues many advisers face, whilst removing much of theeffort as we can from running their own sites and e-commerce. Aperfect and very practical combination!" she adds.
Nigel Hopwood, head of eIFA development at Norwich Union said,"This is a unique partnership which demonstrates our continuingcommitment to IFAs. This alliance offers a practical solution forIFAs who are perhaps aware of the benefits that e-commerce canbring but are unsure about how to proceed. With one in five webusers visiting financial websites*, the roadshows have beendesigned specifically to help advisers create and develop their ownonline presence."
|Edinburgh||Tuesday 30th October|
|Belfast||Wednesday 31st October|
|Birmingham||Wednesday 14th November|
|Manchester||Tuesday 20th November|
|Cardiff||Wednesday 21st November|
|London||Tuesday 27th November|
|Cambridge||Wednesday 28th November|
|Gatwick||Thursday 29th November|
Notes to Editors:
* Figures taken from Which Online? Annual Internet Survey, June2001
- CGU plc and Norwich Union plc merged on 30 May 2000 to createCGNU plc, the UK's largest insurance group and one of the top-fiveinsurers in Europe with substantial positions in other marketsaround the world, making it the world's sixth largest insurerbased on gross worldwide premiums.
- CGNU's principal business activities are long-term savings,fund management and general insurance, with worldwide premiumincome and retail investment sales from ongoing business of over£27 billion and assets under management of more than £200 billion(as at 30 June 2001).
- From October 2000, the combined life and pensions, generalinsurance and retail fund management businesses in the UK operateunder the Norwich Union brand, while the institutional investmentbusiness operates under the Morley Fund Management brand.
- Norwich Union's news releases are available on thiswebsite
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 666873
- A selection of images are available from the CGNU Newscastsite at www.newscast.co.uk.
- My Money Adviser was created in 2000 by Ann-Marie Martyn(ex-CEO of IFA Promotions) and Quay Software Solutions toencourage more advisers to adopt the internet for marketing andsales. Quay Software Solutions was launched in 1995 and offers afull range of IFA oriented software to 2,500 users.
- For life and pension media enquiries 08703 66 68 73 For allother media enquiries 08703 66 68 68
Press Office contacts:
|Guy Brasher||My Money Adviser||020 7531 2190 /|
07855 343 349
|Louise Goffee||Norwich Union||01904 452617 /|