Article date: 23 October 2001
Norwich Union has donated money raised from the sale ofpromotional t-shirts at the Grampian Motorcycle convention to theNational Association of Bikers with a Disability (NABD).
Norwich Union, in association with brokers Craig and Suttar ofAberdeen, sponsored the convention in Grampian, near Aberdeen. TheT-shirts were sold for a minimum of £1 and a total of £728.24 wasraised.
The charity was nominated because of the valuable work it doeswith disabled people in helping them to have access tomotorcycling.
The cheque was presented to Rick Hulse, national chairman ofNABD by Alan Drury, Norwich Union’s regional manager for theNorth West who commented: "As the UK’s largest motorbikeinsurer, we are delighted to be able to help improve theindependence of motorcyclists with a disability. It is wonderful toknow that the money raised will directly benefit those who need itmost."
On receiving the donation outside the NABD's Altrincham office,Rick Hulse said: "We have several NABD grant assisted trikeadaptions underway at present for wheelchair users and thisdonation will go a long way to help. Anyone who has a love ofmotorcycling can probably imagine what this means for thoseindividuals who will benefit."
Lucy Haughey at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 64
Notes to editors:
Photograph available by ISDN. Caption: Alan Drury (NorwichUnion) presents a cheque to Rick Hulse of the NABD.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest motorbike insurer
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the General Insurance Standards Council
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images are available from the CGNU Newscastsite at www.Newscast.co.uk