Article date: 7 November 2001
Norwich Union has appointed a new media relations manager to itspress office.
The appointment of David Ross adds further financial PRexperience to the Norwich-based team. Having previously worked asPR manager for both Guardian Royal Exchange and AXA Insurance, Rosswill be focussing his efforts on raising the profile ofnorwichunion.com, the Group's online wealth management service.
Commenting on the appointment, norwichunion.com's brand manager,Rob Davies, said: "With a successful launch behind us we are nowlooking forward to maintaining the momentum built up over recentmonths and introducing our first products. Thus far both customersand the media have greeted the service very favourably and we arewell on our way to meeting our targets for 2001. As we expand ouroffering, David's appointment will give us the ability to promoteour wealth management service to anyone who wants to take a moreactive role in managing their money."
A Member of the Institute of Public Relations, David, 32, livesin Ipswich, Suffolk with wife Clare and two cats.
Photograph of David Ross available from the Press Office, 0870366 68 65
Notes to editors:
- norwichunion.com is the online wealth management service fromNorwich Union. The first phase, which was launched in May 2001,provides a comprehensive range of free, interactive financialplanning tools and impartial money guides, designed to help peoplemake better financial decisions by making complex money matterssimple.
- norwichunion.com plans to introduce a fund supermarket andshare dealing service - the first in a range of products that willsubsequently include a number of banking products.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer offering acomprehensive range of long-term savings and general insuranceproducts.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thissite
- A selection of images are available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68