Article date: 13 November 2001
A Norwich Union Risk Services consultant has received a tophonour from the Most Venerable Order of St John.
Paul Cartwright, a consultant who specialises in safety trainingwith Norwich Union Risk Services, has recently received a promotionto Commander (Brother).
Paul has been involved as a member of the St John AmbulanceBrigade since the age of 12, and has worked his way up through theranks to his present position as County Commissioner. The award hasbeen made for his contribution as a senior volunteer in theambulance foundation of the Order in Lincolnshire and for servicesin the Caribbean during 1994 to 1996.
Paul commented: “For my part, I have greatly enjoyed mytime as County Commissioner, and I will stand down from the role onSt John’s Day next year, 24 June 2002. It has been a greatachievement for me to receive recognition for my services, and Iintend to remain a member of the St John Ambulance Brigade, tocontinue using my experience and competence to the benefit of theorganisation.”
The British Most Venerable Order is the largest of the Orders ofSt John, with over 25,000 members and an estimated 250,000volunteers worldwide in the hospitals, clinics and ambulancebrigades.
Paul explained: “The organisation is very fortunate tohave many dedicated individuals of all ages and backgrounds, whogive many hours of their time to the services of the organisation.The most important of these volunteers are our younger members, whowill be the key to ensuring the future survival of the St JohnAmbulance Brigade”.
Liz Kennett or Jenny Chapman at Norwich Union on 08703 66 6863/666864
Notes to editors:
- A ‘Permit to Work’ is a form designed to documentsafe systems of work, usually where the potential hazard issignificant and a formal documented system is appropriate tocontrol the work. The aim is to remove both unsafe conditions andhuman error by imposing a formal system, which requires formalaction.
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the General Insurance Standards Council
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68