Article date: 15 February 2002
Norwich Union has launched a new commercial product for shopsand salons. Shop & Salon, the first in a new set of commercialproducts from the UK’s largest insurer, will truly reflectthe needs of today’s marketplace.
Not only does Shop & Salon combine the best aspects of itspredecessors with some new features, it is also the only product ofits kind on the market to include legal expenses cover asstandard.
In addition customers will also benefit from asset protection,revenue protection and legal liability cover. There is also a rangeof exclusive options for hairdressers, barbers and beauticians.
The product also offers customers:
- new Norwich Union clear commercial policy wordings –making it easier to understand policy cover
- a 24-hour claims line via the new Shop & Salon Freefonenumber
- a 24-hour legal and tax helpline
- a risk management helpline
And for brokers, the product offers a number of benefitsincluding:
- capability to receive premiums over the phone in one call toNorwich Union Small Business Insurance Centres
- no more proposal forms to fill in as all details are takenover the phone
Jim Noakes, director of product development commercial businessat Norwich Union, said: “It’s clear that we need tomake it easy for brokers to trade with us so we’ve simplifiedthe quote process. We also need to offer customers products thatare easy to understand and services that are simple to use.
“The social and legal environment has changed, so legalexpenses cover and helplines are no longer a ‘nice tohave’.
“Brokers want speed, simplicity and quality service. OurSmall Business Insurance Centres are specifically geared up to meetthese demands.”
For more information on Shop and Salon, brokers should speak totheir usual Norwich Union contact.
For further information contact Liz Kennett on 08703 66 68 63 orJenny Chapman at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 64
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies, and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN line is available for studio quality interviews. Callthe press office 08703 66 68 68
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office. 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the CGNU Group of companies and of the GeneralInsurance Standards Council
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68