Article date: 13 March 2002
Norwich Union – the UK’s largest insurer –yesterday launched a new £12 million advertising campaign. Theinitial phase of the campaign will focus on the growing financialneeds of the rapidly expanding retirement market.
The launch will seek to highlight the increasingly active andlonger life many people now lead in retirement and therefore theimportance of making sure people have adequate provisions to enjoytheir retirement years.
The initial six-week campaign, which will be repeated againlater in the year, is comprised of a 40 second TV commercial,followed by 96 and 48 sheet poster sites across the UK starting inApril. The combination of TV and outdoor posters has been createdto generate the most impact for the campaign.
To leverage the TV and outdoor campaign, Norwich Union is alsolaunching a series of adverts in the trade press as well astargeting over 18,000 IFAs with direct marketing.
Commenting on the new campaign, Sally Shire, director of brandand communication for Norwich Union, said: “As people are nowliving longer and enjoying their lives to the full, there is arapidly growing need for people to ensure they provide for theirown retirement.
“This advertisement challenges people to think about howthey can do just that and tells them to ‘do theirhomework’. For many people this will begin by having aconversation with their IFA, and by having the largest range ofretirement solution products available from any provider, NorwichUnion has a very strong proposition for helping the IFA”.
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. It is theUK’s largest provider of life, pensions and investmentproducts and one of the leading IFA providers. IFAs provide around75% of the company’s long-term savings business.
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with over 20 buildingsocieties and other leading UK brand names including TescoPersonal Finance Limited and The Royal Bank of ScotlandGroup.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 73
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73 Forall other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68
Press office contacts:
James Evans, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 78
Out of hours 07790 487105
Louise Goffee, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 70
Out of hours 07810 057362
Ian Beggs, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 71
Out of hours 07790 487533