Article date: 14 March 2002
Brokers will be able to manage their customers’ policieson-line thanks to a new Norwich Union business-to-businesswebsite.
e-broking will give brokers direct access to NorwichUnion’s policy administration system for personal linesbusiness over the internet. Brokers will be able to manage theirNorwich Union policies on-line via the company’s dedicatedwebsite.
With this new technology, brokers will be able to:
- View the status of policies on-line
- Make mid-term adjustments to existing policies
- Obtain quotes and new business for household products
- Print policy documents in their own office
- Order product documentation and stationery on-line
- View the latest Norwich Union news and productinformation
Ken Wallace, intermediary business director at Norwich UnionInsurance, said: “Norwich Union is leading the market bypioneering new and better ways for brokers to do business withus.
“e-broking puts brokers in control, enabling them tooperate more efficiently and provide an instant, slick service totheir customers – at a convenient time for them and withouthaving to pick up the phone.”
Norwich Union will continue to develop and support existingtechnology solutions such as full-cycle EDI, but believes the newbreed of web-based technology will provide brokers with a completemenu of e-trading capabilities.
Comparative quote facilities supported by full-cycle EDI are nowthe market norm for private motor business. However, for productsnot supported by full-cycle EDI at the moment - or policies issuedbefore full-cycle came to the market - direct access to NorwichUnion’s policy administration system enables brokers toprovide an instant service to their customers.
Wallace added: “E-broking is evolution not revolution, andis an opportunity to maximise and build on the investment that mostbrokers have already made in internet technology.”
Norwich Union research shows that 75 per cent of brokers haveinternet access so would potentially benefit from this new system,which is straightforward to learn and use. Brokers using e-brokingwill have access to on-line training and a support team at the endof a phone to answer their queries.
The new system will take time to roll out as access for eachuser will have to be password secure. Broker feedback from thepilot has been very positive and future feedback will determinewhen new services and benefits will be delivered.
Jenny Chapman or Liz Kennett at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 64 or66 68 63
Notes to Editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies, and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN line is available for broadcast interviews
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the CGNU Group of companies and of the GeneralInsurance Standards Council
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68