Article date: 15 March 2002
Norwich Union – the UK’s largest insurer – hasbeen named Best UK Insurance Fund Manager 2002, for the second yearrunning in Standard and Poor’s Funds Awards 2002 (13March).
Standard and Poor’s UK Investment Funds Performance Awardsare recognised world-wide as the standard by which managers andmanagement groups are measured.
Norwich Union also collected three further awards in thefollowing categories:
- First place in the S & P Five Year UK Insurance Category(Smaller Group)
- First place in the S & P Ten Year UK Insurance Category(Smaller Group)
- First place in the S & P Ten Year Insurance Fund PropertySector
Commenting on the awards, Brian Bussell, director ofpropositions and e-commerce at Norwich Union, said: “We aredelighted to have won these four prestigious awards. The Standardand Poor’s Funds Awards are widely recognised as thebenchmark for performance measurement and winning the ‘BestUK Insurance Fund Manager’ for the second year runningdemonstrates our continued excellent fund management”.
Press office contacts:
James Evans, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 78
Out of hours 07790 487105
Louise Goffee, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 70
Out of hours 07810 057362
Ian Beggs, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 71
Out of hours 07790 487533
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. It is theUK’s largest provider of life, pensions and investmentproducts and one of the leading IFA providers. IFAs provide around75% of the company’s long-term savings business.
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with over 20 buildingsocieties and other leading UK brand names including TescoPersonal Finance Limited and The Royal Bank of ScotlandGroup.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 73
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68