Article date: 18 March 2002
Norwich Union – the UK’s largest insurer – haslaunched an innovative new marketing partnership with Emma’sDiary, the UK’s leading pregnancy guide, for mums to be.
Emma’s Diary is a free pregnancy guide given out toexpectant mothers by their Doctor or midwife, and containseverything a mother and father-to-be need to know to guide themthrough pregnancy, birth and early childhood. Emma’s Diary isdistributed by 94% of Doctor’s surgeries and received by 77%of the UK’s expectant mothers.
The new partnership offers all readers of Emma’s Diary a5% discount off the cost of Norwich Union life insurance, togetherwith a free £15 Mothercare voucher towards all those essential babyitems.
The partnership brings Norwich Union the opportunity to marketits products to over half a million potential new customers via theEmma’s Diary database. The database is updated continuouslyand provides accurate customer profiles.
Pete Akerman, of Norwich Union, said: “This new marketingpartnership provides Norwich Union with a unique opportunity toeffectively target a new and important customer segment. Theimminent birth of a child is a life changing experience and also anessential time to ensure that the right financial provisions areput in place to protect the new family.
“The benefit of the Emma’s Diary database is thecontinual updating of information as new mum’s sign up, whichenables us to more accurately target the right products, at theright time to the right customer."
Press office contacts:
James Evans, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 78
Out of hours 07790 487105
Louise Goffee, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 70
Out of hours 07810 057362
Ian Beggs, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 71
Out of hours 07790 487533
Notes to editors
- Emma’s Diary is a free pregnancy guide provided toexpectant mums by their GP or midwife. Launched in 1992,Emma’s Diary is published in association with the RoyalCollege of General Practitioners and is designed to provideinformation, advice and reassurance about the progress ofpregnancy. Presented in an easy-to-read diary format, the guidetakes you through the emotional experience of pregnancy, labourand birth while providing essential healthcare information duringthis important time.
- Emma’s Diary is a registered trademark of LifecycleMarketing Limited registered office CD House, 1-3 Malvern Road,Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 7QY. Lifecycle Marketing is anauthorised introducer of Norwich Union which is regulated by theFinancial Services Authority and a member of the FinancialOmbudsman Service.
- Norwich Union can only advise on its own products.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. It is theUK’s largest provider of life, pensions and investmentproducts and one of the leading IFA providers. IFAs provide around75% of the company’s long-term savings business.
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with over 20 buildingsocieties and other leading UK brand names including TescoPersonal Finance and The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images are available from the CGNU Newscastsite at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 73
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 78
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68