Article date: 20 March 2002
The UK’s largest insurer, Norwich Union, in partnershipwith accident repair specialist Solus, is creating a dedicatedcrash repair centre at Whiffler Road, Norwich.
The new centre, in premises acquired from the Holden Group, willprovide repair services to Norwich Union motor customers in Norfolkand will complement the insurer’s existing crash repairnetwork across the UK.
The Solus/Norwich Union partnership is the first of its kind inthe UK, repairing over 17,000 cars a year from its existing crashrepair centres in London and Luton.
Simon Machell, claims director for Norwich Union Insurance,said: “The Holden Group’s reputation for quality andservice within the Norwich area was key to our decision to takeoverthe bodyshop and retain the Group’s existing staff - this newSolus Norwich Union location will be another success.”
George Dionisiou, managing director of Solus, said: “Thisis a great opportunity to establish a crash repair centre inNorwich and I know that the repair centre team will help us delivera high quality service to our customers. The Holden Group, afamily-run business, has been established since 1929 in the Norfolkarea, and both Norwich Union and Solus are delighted to beassociated with them.”
Liz Kennett/Jenny Chapman at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 63
Notes to editors:
- Solus & Norwich Union have been working in partnershipsince 1997, operating in the London area. Solus repairs over17,000 cars a year for Norwich Union, employs over 280 people andwas awarded the coveted MotorTrader ‘Bodyshop of the Year2000’ award in recognition of its success.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- - one in five households
- - one in five motor vehicles
- - more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies, and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN line is available for studio quality interviews. Callthe press office 08703 66 68 68
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office. 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the CGNU Group of companies and of the GeneralInsurance Standards Council
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73 Forall other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68