Article date: 20 March 2002
Norwich Union is refreshing its approach to household insurance,with the launch of ‘Home Doctor’.
‘Home Doctor’ will provide advice, information andsolutions to Your House and Home Plus customers about the potentialrisks they face at home at different times of the year, as well asduring key life events, such as moving house.
‘Home Doctor’ has been developed to helphouseholders understand and put into perspective the risks to theirhome and learn what they can do to minimise them.
For example, in Spring, ’Home Doctor’ will focus onhome maintenance and improvements, providing customers with adviceand guidance on how to reduce the chances of mishaps and avoidappointing rogue tradesmen.
Commenting on the launch of ‘Home Doctor’, JillWillis, household market development manager at Norwich Union,said: “We’re taking a new approach to householdinsurance. Insurance protection is still a key part of what we areoffering, but we want customers to view us as more than just aninsurer - as a trusted source of information, guidance and providerof solutions for their home.
“Our experience shows that homeowners are more aware ofsome risks than others. We want to share knowledge with customersso that they understand the real risks their homes face. Byimproving customers’ knowledge and increasing awareness ofactions they can take to minimise risk, we hope to help preventunnecessary worry or anxiety.
“For example, the British Crime Survey of 2001 said thatover half of householders were worried about burglary, yet lessthan 4 per cent of homes are actually burgled each year.”
Further phases of ‘Home Doctor’ with more customerbenefits will be launched to customers during 2002.
For more information, intermediaries should speak to their usualNorwich Union contact.
Liz Kennett/Jenny Chapman at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 63
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies, and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN line is available for studio quality interviews. Callthe press office 08703 66 68 68
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office. 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the CGNU Group of companies and of the GeneralInsurance Standards Council
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68