Article date: 21 March 2002
As the summer holiday season approaches, Norwich Union isrefreshing its stand-alone single trip and annual holiday travelproducts available through brokers.
The updated products, available from 1 April, can be issued bybrokers immediately to travellers - enabling customers to showproof of insurance to travel agents if required.
One of the new features, Norwich Union Travel Assistant - a free24-hour helpline service - will provide customers with specificadvice on:
- Visas and entry permits
- Vaccination or innoculation requirements
- Foreign currency questions
- Replacement of lost or stolen tickets, passports andmoney
- When and how to contact embassies
Further changes to the products include more flexibility aroundfamily eligibility criteria and additional winter sports benefits,such as ski equipment and piste closure cover.
Frankie Nicholson, market development manager at Norwich Union,commented: “With changing customer needs it is important thatwe continually review our offerings to ensure we can deliver whatour customers want.
“The whole package has been refreshed - from travel adviceand services through to the new 24 hour, seven day a week claimsservice.”
A dedicated team will be on hand from 9am to 5pm weekdays, toprovide a specialist underwriting service for brokers.
The existing annual travel product, sold as an add-on to NorwichUnion household products, is still available as an alternativeoption for customers.
Customers can also benefit from Norwich Union’spartnership with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and its‘Know Before you Go’ campaign, aimed at helping Britishnationals stay safe when travelling overseas. Additionalinformation on travel destinations is available atwww.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo.
Liz Kennett or Jenny Chapman at Norwich Union on 08703 666863
Notes to editors:
- A family of two adults and up to three children, buying aEuropean annual holiday policy without baggage cover will costfrom £88.00.
- Norwich Union is a campaign partner with the Foreign andCommonwealth Office’s ‘Know Before you Go’campaign. Customers can log-on to the website at:www.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo to find out key information ontheir holiday destination prior to travel.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies, and Norwich Union Direct.
- Member of the General Insurance Standards Council
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life and pension media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68