Article date: 25 March 2002
Norwich Union Healthcare has achieved an 18.8 per cent increasein written premium income from private medical insurance (PMI)business.
The figures, included in CGNU’s Preliminary Results,demonstrate a strong performance in a market which has seen littlegrowth in recent years.
The PMI premium income for Norwich Union Healthcare for 2001 was£242,838,000, compared with £204,366,000 in 2000.
Managing director David Rogers said: “We are delighted bythe continuing strong performance of the business, especially as itis set against the background of a market which has been difficultand fairly static for some time.”
Norwich Union Healthcare now has 642,000 PMI customers and isthe third largest player in the private medical insurancemarket.
Louise Zucchi at Norwich Union on 08703 666860
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union Healthcare is the healthcare arm of NorwichUnion and provides a range of private medical insurance and incomeprotection products to around 750,000 customers. It is one of thelargest providers of income protection and private medicalinsurance in the UK.
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer offering acomprehensive range of long-term savings and general insuranceproducts.
- Member of the General Insurance Standards Council
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life and pension media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68