Article date: 12 April 2002
Norwich Union emerged as a clear winner when it picked up twoawards at the 2002 International Visual Communication Association(IVCA) Awards.
The IVCA, which recognises excellence in non-broadcastcommunication, gave the awards for ‘The Mix’ – aseries of internal communication programmes aimed at 18,000 staff.The series is produced using DVD technology and won the ‘GoldAward’ in the category for Regular Communication programmesand the ‘Silver Award’ in the Industry Award forEffective Communication.
The IVCA judging panel, which included almost 200 jury membersfrom across the corporate communications industry, described‘The Mix’ as, “an impressive project in whichfast and slick production, and excellent presenters, conveyed adifficult subject in an interesting and honest manner.”
Speaking at the awards ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel inLondon, Bridget McIntyre, marketing and underwriting director atNorwich Union Insurance, said: “To win at aninternationally-recognised event such as the IVCA awards, againsttough competition is a real achievement.
“We wanted to demonstrate a leading approach to ourinternal communications in Norwich Union Insurance and, whileinternal feedback has already judged ‘The Mix’ seriesto be a success, it’s great to see this backed up withindustry recognition.”
Approximately 1000 people attended the awards ceremony.
Liz Kennett/Lucy Haughey at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 63
Steve Tutt at IVCA on 020 7512 0571
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images are available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the CGNU group of companies and the GeneralInsurance Standards Council