Article date: 26 April 2002
Norwich Union’s new commercial package for offices andsurgeries is the only one of its kind on the market to includelegal expenses as standard and to offer the option to includebusiness travel cover.
From architects to aromatherapists and physiotherapists topublishers, dozens of trades will be able to benefit from the newOffice & Surgery policy.
Key benefits for customers include:
- asset protection cover (including contents, glass and money asstandard) with the option to add computer breakdown and employeedishonesty cover
- flexible revenue protection cover through businessinterruption and book debts
- legal liabilities including market-leading legal expensescover as standard
- the introduction of an optional employee benefits sectionincluding personal accident and business travel
- new Norwich Union clear commercial policy wordings –making it easier to understand policy cover
- individualised Office or Surgery policy documents so thatevery section is relevant to the customer
- a 24-hour, 365-day claims line
- a 24-hour legal and tax helpline
- a risk management helpline
- access to a range of discounts from security and fireprotection providers.
And for brokers, the product offers a number of benefitsincluding:
- capability to receive quotations over the phone in one call toNorwich Union Small Business Insurance Centres
- no more proposal forms to fill in as all details are takenover the phone
- a wide range of core and optional covers – all in oneproduct
- an opportunity for selected brokers to win prizes when theyparticipate in an incentive campaign
Jim Noakes, director of commercial products at Norwich Union,said: "Brokers and their clients want a faster, simpler servicefrom insurers. We have taken a fresh look at the needs of thissector and have provided an innovative core cover combined with awide range of cover extensions. A key concern has been to make thecover easy to understand and the documentation efficient tohandle.
“In addition to these customer benefits, we’ve alsolistened to broker feedback about their requirements for speed andefficiency. With Office & Surgery, quotes, business acceptanceand the issuing of polices will be just a phone callaway.”
Office & Surgery follows the launch of the new Shop &Salon product in February.
For more information on Office & Surgery, brokers shouldspeak to their usual Norwich Union contact.
For further information contact Liz Kennett on 08703 66 6863/07801 901666 or Jenny Chapman at Norwich Union on 08703 66 6864/07775 822642
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies, and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN line is available for studio quality interviews. Callthe press office 08703 66 68 68
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office. 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the CGNU Group of companies and of the GeneralInsurance Standards Council
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68