Article date: 29 April 2002
Norwich Union Healthcare today launches Solutions – a newgroup private medical insurance product for companies with 50 ormore employees.
Solutions is a comprehensive, flexible and cost-effective way tobuy group PMI, offering an extensive core package of benefits plusfurther optional modules which can be selected to meetcustomers’ needs.
Its innovative structure combines the pricing stabilityassociated with small group schemes and the benefit flexibility oflarge groups.
The modular structure of Solutions allows businesses to selectadditional cover or cost-containment options, and they also havethe flexibility to choose up to three different levels of cover fordifferent groups of employees.
As well as comprehensive cover for outpatient, day patient andinpatient diagnosis and treatment, the Core Cover benefits ofSolutions include:
- Home nursing (following eligible inpatient or day patienttreatment)
- Psychiatric outpatient treatment up to £1000
- GP Helpline – unlimited GP telephone consultations,available 24-hours-a-day
- Maternity cash benefit
- Stress counselling helpline
- To the Core Cover package can beadded one or more of four Additional Cover Options, providing arange of benefit enhancements. These are:
- Psychiatric cover (28 or 45 days) for inpatient and daypatient treatment
- GP-referred services – including GP-referredradiology/pathology; GP-referred chiropody, podiatry andhomeopathy; complementary/alternative treatments includingosteopathy and acupuncture; specialist consultation for non- acuteconditions
- Extended hospital list
- Optical and dental option – helps towards the cost ofoptical and routine dental expenses
On the other hand, for companies wishing to reduce costs byrestricting cover, there are four cost containment options:
- Six week option – private inpatient or day patienttreatment if NHS waiting list is longer than six weeks
- Member excess – excess of either £100 or £200 (payableonce per person per policy year)
- Selected benefit reduction – removes cover for lessessential extras
- Reduced outpatient cover
Premiums for Solutions will be partly community-related andpartly experience-related. The mix between the two will depend onthe size of the group and its claims experience.
Carolyn Derrington, head of business development for NorwichUnion Healthcare, said: “We’ve designed Solutions tomeet the changing needs of the corporate market.
“Instead of a product which charges companies for coverthey don’t want and will probably never need, intermediarieswill now be able to recommend a variety of options from which theycan pick and choose to meet their needs and their budget.
“And we’ve developed an innovative and fairer way ofpricing Solutions which offers companies the best of bothworlds.”
There will be a dedicated Solutions team for claims handling andbill payment, to ensure the best possible service forintermediaries and their clients.
Companies with more than 100 employees can still benefit fromNorwich Union Healthcare’s Optimum Scheme, specially designedto meet the needs of larger businesses.
Commission for Solutions is 10% initial; 5% renewal. Agencyterms and application forms are available on request.
- Full details of standard cover and exclusions are given in thePolicy Wording, a specimen copy of which is available onrequest.
- For more information on Solutions, intermediaries can call:0845 300 1530 (intermediary sales north) or 02380 372277(intermediary sales south)
Louise Zucchi at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 60 or 07860203466
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcarearm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of income protectionand private medical insurance products to around 675,000customers. It is one of the largest providers of income protectionand private medical insurance in the UK.
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer offering acomprehensive range of long-term savings and general insuranceproducts.
- Member of the General Insurance Standards Council
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life and pension media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68