Article date: 14 June 2002
Chris Hill has joined Norwich Union Insurance as its new head ofclaims fraud.
Hill joined the UK’s largest insurer from Royal Bank ofScotland where he was group fraud intelligence manager.
The Association of British Insurers estimates that fraudulentclaims worth in excess of £1 billion were submitted to UK insurerson individual general insurance policies last year.
In 2001, Norwich Union prevented fraudulent claims worth anestimated £73 million, but Hill says more still needs to bedone.
“As far as Norwich Union is concerned, we will seek tobuild on our excellent existing fraud prevention framework throughthe use of appropriate emerging technology to maximiseprevention.
“But in addition, we need to actively encourage andsupport industry co-operation and, where appropriate, be preparedto take the initiative in sharing fraud prevention data, statisticsand best practice across the industry.”
Liz Kennett/Jenny Chapman at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 63/64
A photograph of Chris Hill is available from the press office.Contact 08703 66 68 68
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies, and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN line is available for studio quality interviews. Callthe press office 08703 66 68 68
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office. 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the CGNU Group of companies and of the GeneralInsurance Standards Council
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68