Article date: 27 June 2002
Norwich Union will be sole sponsor of the Army Alpine SkiChampionships for the next two years, following the conclusion of ahighly successful first year’s partnership in SerreChevalier, France.
Championships organiser, Brigadier Simon Allen, said: “Weare absolutely delighted to have Norwich Union on board. Thechampionships continue to go from strength to strength and we willbe working closely with Norwich Union Insurance to make the 2003event even better than before.”
Norwich Union enjoys strong links with the Army via the NAAFIand Towergate Wilsons insurance offerings, and the company’sown Chief Executive, Patrick Snowball, is a former Army Officer.Norwich Union NAAFI and Towergate Wilsons business is tailoredspecifically to provide bespoke military insurance productsincluding private car, kit and personal belongings, personalaccident, travel and creditor insurance.
To celebrate the first year of the sponsorship Norwich Uniontook a party of leading UK insurance brokers to the 2002Championships. Snowball said: “I am delighted Norwich Unionis able to play a pivotal role within the Championships. This is afantastic opportunity to combine business with pleasure and I amconfident the partnership will reap benefits for both parties;we're already looking forward to next year's championships, whichtake place at Serre Chevalier again on 23-30 January2003.”
Sue Winston – Norwich Union Insurance press office on 0870366 68 66 or 07710 835 408 out of hours
Notes to editors
- Two photographs to accompany this release are available fromthe CGNU Newscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas ban
- s and building societies, and NorwichUnion Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on theinternet at www.cgnu-group.com
- An ISDN line is available for studio quality interviews. Callthe press office 08703 66 68 68
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office. 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the CGNU Group of companies and of the GeneralInsurance Standards Council
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68