Article date: 12 June 2002
Norwich Union Insurance today announces the launch of a vaninsurance package tailored to small businesses available from 01July. Called Your Van it replaces Premier Van and is aimed at thebusinessperson that uses up to four vans.
The service for brokers using Your Van will be faster andsimpler. Norwich Union is the first major insurer to roll out EDIfull cycle trading for a van product following trials over thecoming weeks. Your Van also allows intermediaries to offer cover tofirms through full cycle EDI.
The result of months of extensive research into van user needs,Your Van's wide coverage extends to areas often excluded by otherinsurers, including younger drivers and couriers.
The market research highlights the tight constraints under whichsmall businesses operate resulting in Your Van being more than justa vehicle insurance product. It has enabled Norwich Union toaddress the overriding need for van owners to keep on the road byoffering:
- The security of 24 hour Total Incident Management throughNorwich Union’s Clubline.
- Access to Norwich Union’s select repairers with 3-yearguarantee for parts, even if the user changes insurer in thistime.
- A replacement van option – for just £35 this optionguarantees the use of a van of similar size, not just any vehicle,in the event of an insurable incident for up to seven days.
- RAC breakdown assistance from £39 a year.
- Discounted van hire should a policyholder need an additionalvan at any time.
The completion of application forms and numerous telephone callswill gradually be reduced as Your Van becomes established throughfull cycle trading.
Once brokers have generated a quote they will be able to go oncover immediately and print out all the necessary documents atpoint of sale. All Your Van business through EDI full cycle willalso benefit from lower premiums. This reflects the efficiency andcost savings that full cycle brings to brokers and NorwichUnion.
Peter Allott, market development manager at Norwich Union, says:“Being the first major insurer to offer EDI full cycletrading of a van product confirms Norwich Union’s commitmentto meeting broker and van user needs providing a faster, easier andcost-effective service.”
“For the small business any interruption to day to dayoperations can have an immediate impact on cashflow and ultimatelybusiness survival. Your Van has been designed to meet the uniqueneeds of van users by helping to keep their business going and byoffering the flexibility to help them manage their premiums."
For further information contact David Ross at NorwichUnion on 08703 66 68 64 or 07786 526350
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies, and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on thisinternet site
- A selection of images is available from the CGNU Newscast siteat www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN line is available for studio quality interviews. Callthe press office 08703 66 68 68
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office. 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
- Member of the CGNU Group of companies and of the GeneralInsurance Standards Council
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68