Article date: 11 July 2002
Solus Accident Repair Centre, Norwich Union’s leading bodyrepair partner, has scooped the Service Provider of the Year awardat the British Insurance Awards 2002.
The accolade was announced at the Royal Albert Hall in Londonlast night at a ceremony attended by leading insurers and brokers.The awards were sponsored by insurance trade publication, PostMagazine.
The award recognises Solus’ consistent levels of serviceand customer satisfaction, as well as a commitment to the insuranceindustry by responding innovatively to market demands.
George Dionisiou, Solus’ managing director, said:“We are very proud to be the first ever body repair centre towin this prestigious award. It is a significant achievement for us,which endorses the winning formula of the Solus/Norwich Unionmodel.”
Simon Machell, claims director at Norwich Union, added: “Iam delighted for Solus. Our partnership is going from strength tostrength and industry recognition for their dedication to customercare is well deserved.”
The Solus/Norwich Union partnership is the first of its kind inthe UK, repairing more than 17,000 cars a year from its crashrepair centres in London, Luton, Norwich and Epsom.
Press contact at Norwich Union:
Jenny Chapman on 08703 66 68 64 (out of hours 07775 822642)
Notes to editors
- Solus & Norwich Union have been working in partnershipsince 1997, operating in the London area.
- Solus repairs over 17,000 cars a year for Norwich Union,employs over 280 people and was awarded the coveted MotorTrader‘Bodyshop of the Year 2000’ award in recognition ofits success.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies, and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on theinternet at www.aviva.com
- A selection of images is available from the Aviva Newscastsite at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN line is available for studio quality interviews. Callthe press office 08703 66 68 68
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England Number99122 Registered Office. 8 Surrey Street Norwich NR1 3NG
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68