Article date: 3 September 2002
Morley Fund Management, the active fund manager with €166billion (£104 bn) under management, has made three key appointmentsto lead its strategic growth in the UK and European markets. Morleyhas appointed:
- Alistair Morrison as Head of Institutional
- Gordon Milne as Head of Client Services
- Charles Hoblyn as Head of UK Investment Sales
All three will start work within the next week.
Alistair Morrison will be responsible for meeting Morley’sstrategic and business objectives in the institutional marketacross UK and Europe. This new role includes developing clientrelationships within targeted sectors and introducing a range ofinnovative products. He will report to Malcolm Le May, Deputy CEOand Managing Director, Europe.
Gordon Milne will be responsible for client management acrossthe UK and European Institutional markets. He will report toAlistair Morrison, Head of Institutional.
Charles Hoblyn will head up the UK Investment Sales Team,responsible for the sales of investment funds to the discretionarymarket. He will also lead in the development of furtherdistribution channels for Morley linked products. Charles willreport to Alan Gadd, Head of UK Retail.
Malcolm Le May, Deputy Chief Executive and Managing Director,Europe at Morley Fund Management, said: “We are delighted tobe able to further enhance our world class team. Theseappointments, together with other recent additions to ourinvestment team, provide us with a firm foundation on which tocontinue to grow as one of Europe’s leading fund managementoperations.”
These appointments add to those announced over the last coupleof months. Bill Baker, starting at Morley on 5 September, will beresponsible for running a range of UK (pooled and segregated)pension funds. Ceris Williams (previously Head of Fixed Income atRothschild Asset Management) will be joining as Head of SovereignBonds.
Alistair Morrison was previously at DeutscheAsset Management where he was Managing Director & Head of UKInstitutional Sales. Over an eight year period at DeAM, he alsoheld the positions of Head of Defined Contributions, CEO DeutscheAsset Management Life & Pensions and UK Institutional MarketingDirector. Prior to DeAM, he worked at Prudential Portfolio Managersand Mercury Asset Management.
Gordon Milne joins from Citibank Asset Management wherehe was Head of Client Services, a function he established as amodel for the rest of Citigroup Asset Management in 1998. He alsoworked for Citigroup Investment Bank in the US for almost 10years.
Charles Hoblyn joins from Meilm Capital Markets where hewas responsible for the sales and product development of UK basedhedge funds. Prior to this he worked at Gartmore for 10 years wherehe was Head of Institutional Sales - Retail division and previouslyHead of Retail Sales.
For further information please contact:
Laura Cook, PR Executive 020 7809 8125
Liz Morley, Gavin Anderson & Co 020 7554 1479
Notes to Editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over €166 billion (£104 bn) under management (as at30.06.02). It actively manages a diverse range of asset classesand has investment management operations in London, Tokyo andSingapore and an associate office in Boston*.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Privilege Portfoliobrand.
- Awards Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards2002 Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union) -Standard and Poor’s 2002 Sustainable and Ethical Investmentand Asset Management Award - Liveable City Awards 2002
*Norwich Union Investment Management, an Aviva Group company
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com
Issued by Morley Fund Management Limited and Morley InvestmentServices Limited.
Morley Fund Management is a business name of Morley FundManagement Limited, registered in England No. 1151805 and MorleyInvestment Services Limited, registered in England No. 1973412.Both are members of the Norwich Union Marketing Group, members ofwhich are regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authorityfor life assurance, pensions and investments. Morley InvestmentServices Limited is a member of the Investment ManagementAssociation. Registered Offices: No 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ.Both are Aviva companies.
For institutional correspondence please contact us at MorleyFund Management, No 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ, for retailcorrespondence please contact us at Morley Fund Management, PO Box6056, Basildon SS15 5UU.