Article date: 13 September 2002
Norwich Union’s latest commercial product really fits thebill for landlords, restaurateurs and hoteliers, offering a widerange of standard and optional covers.
Pub, Restaurant and Hotel, which is the only product of its kindto combine such a number of core and optional covers, will beavailable from Monday (September 16).
Key benefits for customers include:
- Norwich Union clear commercial policy wordings – makingit easier to understand policy cover
- Legal liabilities including market-leading legal expensescover as standard
- Asset protection cover (including contents, glass, property intransit and money as standard) with the option to add buildingsand/or tenants’ improvements, frozen foods and employeedishonesty cover
- Flexible revenue protection cover through businessinterruption (including book debts) as core with the option toinclude cover for loss of liquor licence
- Individualised Pub, Restaurant & Hotel policy documents sothat every section is relevant to the customer
Plus the optional services available to the customer are:
- The introduction of an employee benefits section for personalaccident
- Enhanced limits and extensions and additional covers
- A 24-hour 365-day claims line, a 24-hour legal and taxhelpline, plus a risk management helpline
- Access to the preferred supplier scheme providing a range ofsecurity and fire safety products at reduced prices.
And for brokers, the product offers a number of benefitsincluding:
- Capability to receive quotations over the phone in one call toNorwich Union Small Business Insurance Centres
- No more proposal forms to fill in as all details are takenover the phone
- A wide range of core and optional covers – available inone product
Sally Marshall, commercial product manager for leisure atNorwich Union, said: “Pub, Restaurant & Hotel has beendesigned to reflect our focused approach to the hospitalityindustry and we believe our improved cover and services make thisnew product attractive to intermediaries and targetcustomers.”
Pub, Restaurant & Hotel, which will replace the six legacyproducts Norwich Union currently offers, is the third smallbusiness product launched by Norwich Union this year, following onfrom Shop & Salon and Office & Surgery.
For more information on Pub, Restaurant & Hotel, brokersshould speak to their usual Norwich Union contact.
For further information contact Jenny Chapman at NorwichUnion on 08703 66 68 64/07775 822642
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on the Avivaplc website at www.aviva.com
- A selection of images is available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68
Members of the General Insurance Standards Council
Members of the Aviva group