Article date: 26 September 2002
Norwich Union is to offer a 1.5 per cent first anniversary bonuson its Portfolio Bond and Bond 2000 from for all investments madefrom 30 September 2002.
The 1.5 per cent guaranteed anniversary bonus will be paid onthe first anniversary of the policy and is in addition to anyguaranteed first anniversary rate already payable on Bond 2000.
The special offer bonus will be calculated by multiplying theselling value of the number of units remaining at the end of theprevious business day prior to the anniversary, by 1.5 per cent.The bonus is paid by adding extra units to the bond.
As part of Norwich Union’s strategy to encourage the useof ecommerce, IFAs will also benefit from an additional 0.25 percent commission for all business transacted online.
Neil Davies, head of investment propositions, said: “Thisspecial anniversary bonus demonstrates Norwich Union’sfurther commitment to continue as a leading player in the bondmarket. The new additional bonus gives customers even better valuefor money from a known and trusted brand”.
For more information on this special offer, please contactNorwich Union on 0845 9444800 visit the Norwich Union website atwww.norwichunion.com
Press office contacts
James Evans, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 78
Out of hours 07790 487105
Louise Goffee, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 70
Out of hours 07810 057362
Ian Beggs, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 71
Out of hours 07790 487533
Notes to editors
- The bonus offer is available from 30 September and can bewithdrawn or varied at Norwich Union’s discretion at anytime.
- The effect of this bonus will be reduced by any applicableearly exit charge and/or market value reduction and, in respect ofthe Portfolio Bond only, any limited administration charge.
- The Portfolio Bond and Bond 2000 are lump sum investment bondswith no fixed term. They are designed as long term investments andshould not be viewed as short term commitments.
- The value of an investment can go down as well as up and isnot guaranteed.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. It is theUK’s largest provider of life, pensions and investmentproducts and one of the leading IFA providers. IFAs provide around75% of the company’s long-term savings business.
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with building societiesand other leading UK brand names including Tesco Personal Financeand The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on the Avivaplc website at www.aviva.com
- A selection of images is available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 73
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68