Article date: 1 October 2002
Norwich Union has been chosen to be the sole provider of motorinsurance for Barclays/Woolwich retail customers.
A panel of insurers has previously underwrittenBarclays/Woolwich motor insurance but from October 1, theUK’s largest general insurer will provide the service in athree- year deal.
Graham Boffey, corporate partnerships director at Norwich Union,said: “We are delighted Barclays/Woolwich has chosen NorwichUnion as sole provider of its motor insurance.
“Bringing together Barclays/Woolwich and Norwich Unionwill leverage the strength and reliability of two of the UK’sleading financial service providers.
“It’s great news, not just for Norwich Union, butalso for Barclays/Woolwich customers, who will benefit fromcompetitively priced products offering wide-rangingcover.”
Derek Coles, managing director at Barclays Insurance Services,said: “Barclays and Woolwich bring strong brands to theircustomers by joining up with Norwich Union. We look forward toworking with them to provide a strong customer propositionunderpinned by a competitive product for our customers.”
Jenny Chapman at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 68/07775 822642 orEmma Keens at Barclays/Woolwich on 0207 699 3851
Notes to editors
- This service is available to retail customers of Barclays andWoolwich and excludes Barclaycard-only customers.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on the Avivaplc website at www.aviva.com
- A selection of images is available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life and pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68