Article date: 7 October 2002
Norwich Union today launches its latest TV advertising campaignfeaturing a new commercial designed to get people to think moreabout their own finances and encouraging them to seek informationand advice.
The campaign features two adverts looking at aspects offinancial planning. The new advert shows how people can takecontrol of their finances by getting the right information andadvice. The hero of the ad – a financially savvy Geordietrawlerman – tells us how he has spoken with his financialadviser and now regards himself as “… the chancellor ofme own exchequer” because he has got his finances inorder.
The other advert explores the issues and choices that peoplehave to face as they approach retirement. It suggests that thesecret of retirement is to ask questions.
Norwich Union has also produced a retirement guide to help IFAsin the retirement market. Called “The guide to the lifeyou deserve after work”, it details a number of differentscenarios people may have to confront around the time ofretirement, suggesting possible solutions for them to consider.
Commenting on the new campaign, Sally Shire, Director of Brand& Communications at Norwich Union, said: “Our latestcampaign demonstrates Norwich Union’s commitment todeveloping the life and pensions market. The adverts are designedto reinforce the message that people need to play a more activerole in their finances.
“In today’s environment it is important that peopleget the right information and advice. Whether it’s planningfor retirement or simply getting their finances in order, reliableinformation and advice is vital in making the right decisions foran individual’s own personal set of circumstances.
“Norwich Union is keen to tackle the issues that peopleare facing, providing guidance and help in uncertain times andgiving customers confidence that we’ll still be around inyears to come.
“To tie in with the campaign, we have produced a freeguide to help people think about the decisions they’ll needto consider at retirement and give them an idea of some of thesolutions that are available."
Independent financial advisers can get copies of the guide fortheir clients by contacting their Norwich Union sales consultant orvisiting www.norwichunion.com/ifa.
Press office contacts:
James Evans, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 78
Out of hours 07790 487105
Louise Goffee, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 70
Out of hours 07810 057362
Ian Beggs, Norwich Union 08703 66 68 71
Out of hours 07790 487533
Notes to Editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. It is theUK’s largest provider of life, pensions and investmentproducts and one of the leading IFA providers. IFAs provide around75% of the company’s long-term savings business.
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with building societiesand other leading UK brand names including Tesco Personal Financeand The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on the Avivaplc website at www.aviva.com
- A selection of images is available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interview.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 73
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73 Forall other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68