Article date: 14 October 2002
Norwich Union Direct, the Direct division of Norwich UnionInsurance, is conducting a review of its above-the-line creativeadvertising business.
The company will be meeting with agencies over the next twoweeks and has asked Agency Insight to help it.
Media buying with Brand Connection and the Norwich Union brandadvertising with McCann Erickson are unaffected by this review. Theincumbent agency is MRM, the direct marketing subsidiary of McCannErickson.
Norwich Union Direct hopes to make an appointment within thenext eight weeks.
Lucy Haughey Norwich Union press office 08703 66 68 67/07860161720
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies, and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on the Avivaplc website at www.aviva.com
- A selection of images is available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN line is available for studio quality broadcast. Callthe press office 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68