Article date: 27 November 2002
Norwich Union Direct has appointed AMV BBDO as the advertisingagency to handle all its above-the-line advertising.
The business was won by the agency after a four-way tendermanaged by Agency Insight. The other agencies involved were LeoBurnett, BMP DDB and the incumbent agency, McCann Erickson, whowill continue to handle the core Norwich Union brandadvertising.
The media, handled by Brand Connection, remain unaffected by thereview.
Brian Richards, director of retail marketing, said: "We werelooking for a significant and memorable creative idea that wouldengage people and motivate them to contact us. AMV BBDO showed ussome brilliant work, and we are looking forward to working withthem to develop it."
Farah Ramzan, deputy managing director of AMV BBDO, said: "We'rethrilled to have won this assignment with work that we reallybelieve in and a client team we connected with from thebeginning."
Lucy Haughey Norwich Union press office 08703 66 68 67/07860161720
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. In generalinsurance it is more than 1.5 times the size of its nearestcompetitor, and has a 19 per cent share of the market.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies, and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on the Avivaplc website at www.aviva.com
- A selection of images is available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN line is available for studio quality broadcast. Callthe press office 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68
Members of the General Insurance Standards Council
Members of the Aviva group