Article date: 23 December 2002
It would cost Santa just £27 to make sure everyone gets theirpresents on time if he invested in a new type of breakdown coverfor his sleigh – and he’d get tea and sympathy at theroadside too.
His age, driving record, and the fact that his sleigh is thelatest model means he will get a good deal from Norwich UnionRescue, which offers cheaper rates to drivers who are a goodrisk.
And if the worst happened and his sleigh let him down, he wouldbe offered a hot drink while it was repaired – a cuppawhile-you-wait is a standard feature of the new service.
Once Santa is up and flying, one of the first presents he willdeliver will be free Norwich Union Rescue for a year, to DorianAllery, of Farnham in Surrey.
Dorian is the 350th person to buy Norwich Union Rescue cover,which has already proved a huge success since it was launchednationally last week after an initial pilot scheme.
He said: “I’m just setting up my own business soneed the reassurance that I will get fast and effective customerservice should the worst happen and Norwich Union Rescue gave me agood price for the cover I wanted. Of course, I’m even moredelighted I’ll be getting the cover free now – what agreat early Christmas present!”
Shirley Gabriel, of Norwich Union, said Santa could makeconsiderable savings because he has a long and unblemished drivingrecord.
“He is exactly the sort of driver who will benefit mostfrom Norwich Union Rescue,” she said.
“And he will benefit from cheaper premiums as long as hemaintains his good record – not just forChristmas.”
Prices for Norwich Union Rescue start from £22, which includes£5 discount when bought over the Internet. So had Santa logged onto join, he would have saved even more money!
Norwich Union Rescue is available to private car and van driverswhether or not they have Norwich Union motor insurance. Otherbenefits of the service include:
- ‘Keep Talking I’ where the call handler will makea call on the motorist’s behalf and he or she will have useof the patrolman’s mobile phone
- ‘Keep Talking II’ where experienced call staffwill be available by phone to reassure any lone drivers who arewaiting for the patrolman to arrive. This call will go through tothe police if the driver is in an unsafe location.
Customers wanting a quote or more information about NorwichUnion Rescue should call 08000 156156.
For further information contact Jenny Chapman at NorwichUnion on 08703 66 68 64/07775 822642
Photographs to accompany this press release are available fromthe press office – call 08703 66 68 68.
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer with a marketshare of around 16 per cent and is more than 1.5 times the size ofits nearest rival. It is also the largest personal linesinsurer.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on the Avivaplc website at www.aviva.com
- A selection of images is available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68