Article date: 26 February 2003
Norwich Union Risk Services Limited has become one of the firstUK health and safety consultancies to achieve the highest possiblelevel of ISO 9001 accreditation, the benchmark of goodpractice.
Teresa Budworth, Training and Consultancy Manager at NorwichUnion Risk Services, said: “Only 12 per cent of all ISO9001accredited companies have achieved this upgrade to the latestversion set in 20001. We are delighted to join theUK’s best practitioners.
“Going through the rigorous ISO accreditation process hasmade us take a close look both at our own internal procedures andhow we interface with our customers.
“A key part of the standard involves demonstrating thatcustomer feedback is built-in to our policy of continuousimprovement.
“By listening to what our customers want and building thisinto our working practices, we aim to offer a service that issecond to none.”
Norwich Union Risk Services is the specialist division ofNorwich Union dedicated to providing training and consultancyservices on health, safety and environmental issues within theworkplace.
The division offers a wide range of products and servicesdeveloped to provide an in-depth understanding of risks andestablish systematic controls to comply with legal obligations.
1Business Standards, Oct/Nov 2002
For further information, please contact:
AlisonOwen at Staniforth Communications on tel 0161 274 0100 or DavidRoss at Norwich Union on tel 08703 66 68 65/07786 526350.
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union Risk Services Limited is part of Norwich UnionInsurance, the UK’s largest insurer with a market share ofaround 16%.
- Risk Services’ offer training and consultancy serviceson a range of safety, environmental and business continuityissues. The services that their experienced consultants arequalified to offer include:
- Specialist training which leads to professionalqualifications accredited by NEBOSH (The National ExaminationBoard in Occupational Safety and Health) and IOSH (TheInstitution of Occupational Safety and Health)
- Seminars on topical safety and environmental issues
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on the Avivaplc website at www.aviva.com
- A selection of images is available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcasts.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68.
For all life and pension media enquiries 08703 66 68 73.
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68.