Article date: 7 March 2003
A new private motor product aimed at the small and medium sizedcar sector is being launched by Norwich Union, the UK’slargest motor insurer.
Just Car, which will only be available through brokers who usefull- cycle EDI, will provide an alternative to the Private Carproduct, offering lower cost cover with fewer added extras, butstill with the full support of the Clubline claims service.
Just Car will be available from April and is aimed at customerswho have smaller family cars or second cars.
Richard Alger, motor development manager at Norwich Union, said:“Research tells us that customers often do not want fullcover with added extras, such as European cover, on these types ofvehicles.
“We have therefore stripped out some‘non-essential’ elements of the cover and limited theacceptance criteria to make it simpler for the customer and easierfor full cycle brokers to sell.”
The acceptance criteria for Just Car are:
- Car groups 1-10 up to 1610cc
- Drivers must be aged 25-75 years old
- One year minimum no claims discount
- No additional drivers under 25
The product cover includes:
- Comprehensive only
- £175 excess
- geographical limits restricted to the UK only
- courtesy car when a select repairer is used
- £100 medical expenses
- non-manufacturer fit stereo/audio equipment limited to£250
Richard Alger added: “We believe full cycle EDI is thefuture for brokers writing standard business which is why thisproduct is only available through that particular softwaremechanism. Brokers who use quote-only facilities may be able to seequotes for the Just Car product on their screens but will not beable to process transactions unless they upgrade to fullcycle.”
For further information contact Jenny Chapman at Norwich Unionon 08703 66 68 64/07775 822642
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer with a marketshare of around 16 per cent and is more than 1.5 times the size ofits nearest rival. It is also the largest personal linesinsurer.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases are available on the Avivaplc website at www.aviva.com
- A selection of images is available from the Norwich UnionNewscast site at www.newscast.co.uk
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68