Article date: 7 May 2003
Morley Fund Management (Morley) has strengthened its strategyteam by recruiting Gerard Lane as a quantitative strategist.Reporting to Adrian Jarvis, Head of Strategy, Gerard's appointmentbuilds Morley's quantitative fund management capability.
Gerard will be working between the strategy team and fundmanagers to exploit Morley's top-down strategy and bottom-upquantitative research to identify sector and stock specificopportunities in all equity regions. Gerard will undertake assetallocation and broader strategic research to ensure longer-termissues are examined to seek investment advantage.
In addition, Gerard's fund management experience will beessential in the management of Morley's increasing suite of activequant funds, currently valued at £1.25bn. He will also be involvedin adding value to £10bn of enhanced index funds via optionstrades.
Educated with a Masters in Economics, Gerard's experience ishighly varied, encompassing both bond and equity fund management.He joins Morley from BWD Rensburg where, as a fund manager, he wasresponsible for large gross fund client portfolios. Prior to this,Gerard worked at UBS Warburg as a UK strategist.
Gerard Lane joined Morley on 26 March 2003 and said: "Theopportunity to join a strategy team that conducts active investmentmanagement as well as in-depth research into sector strategy andasset allocation, combines the best of both buy and sell-side."
Gerald Holtham, Chief Investment Officer at Morley, said:"Gerard is a valuable addition to the Morley strategy team. Hisexperience and expertise, I am sure, will prove to be a great assetto the team."
Morley employs a 12-strong strategy team consisting ofeconomists, strategists and specialist fund managers. The team isresponsible for:
- Developing and presenting the house strategy view, includingeconomics, sector and market implications, leading directly toMorley's asset allocation on £75bn of assets
- Conducting top-down and bottom-up quant analysis and researchto assist the investment team in managing £105bn of assets.
- Managing £15bn of specialist funds: active quant, enhancedindex and convertibles
For further information please contact:
Fiona Baker, Head of Corporate Communications 0207 809 8617 MorleyFund Management.
Notes to editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management ('Morley') is an independently managed,London based, asset management business with over £105 billionunder management (as at 31.12.02). It actively manages a diverserange of asset classes and has investment management operations inLondon, Tokyo and Singapore and an associate office inBoston*.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Privilege Portfoliobrand.
Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union) -Standard and Poor's 2002
Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award -Liveable City Awards 2002
*Norwich Union Investment Management, an Aviva Group companyFurther information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com
Issued by Morley Fund Management Limited and Morley InvestmentServices Limited.
Morley Fund Management is a business name of Morley FundManagement Limited, registered in England No. 1151805 and MorleyInvestment Services Limited, registered in England No. 1973412.Both are members of the Norwich Union Marketing Group, members ofwhich are regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authorityfor life assurance, pensions and investments. Morley InvestmentServices Limited is a member of the Investment ManagementAssociation. Registered Offices: No. 1 Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ.Both are Aviva companies. For institutional correspondence pleasecontact us at Morley Fund Management, No 1 Poultry, London EC2R8EJ, for retail correspondence please contact us at Morley FundManagement, PO Box 6056, Basildon SS15 5UU.