Article date: 16 June 2003
Norwich Union launches industry’s first online brokerincentive programme
Norwich Union has launched the industry's first interactive web-based incentive programme for brokers.
Delivered via a link from Norwich Union's e-broking website, the"Choices" scheme is open to any regional intermediary sellingNorwich Union policies.
Brokers earn points - known as AwardperQs® - for each NorwichUnion policy or service they sell.
Points can be exchanged for a wide choice of gifts andexperiences - from cinema tickets to cameras and cordless phones,the latest in home entertainment to a luxury holiday.
Brokers can register, claim and spend their rewards within 24hours via a link to the incentive website, with over 1,000 rewardsto choose from. They can also track and monitor their ownperformance via a personal statement and shopping kart.
More than 1,600 brokers have signed up to the programme sinceits launch in May, with more than 1,000 sales recorded.
Linda Keller, broker relations manager at Norwich Unioncommented: "Broker feedback and response rates on the scheme havebeen phenomenal. They've found it easy to access, easy to use andeasy to claim prizes.
"The speed with which we can now communicate with our brokers isa major bonus. For brokers transacting online, the website includesfast links to product information and benefits, helping staff inbroker offices to make informed decisions on behalf of theircustomers. It also helps brokers to generate new business indifficult market conditions, by suggesting opportunities for tradeups and cross selling. We will also be using the scheme website totrack broker opinions on key issues and NU developments.
"The initiative supports our ongoing commitment to exploitingtechnology to meet broker needs."
Norwich Union is offering brokers bonus points for selling addedvalue options and for transactions via e-services.
Linda Keller adds: "Transferring our existing paper-basedincentive scheme to an online environment which rewards brokers forelectronic transactions is an ideal way to get people used to anonline sales environment and to encourage brokers to increase theirlong-term commitment to internet trading."
Household sales have been the first to qualify for points, butother products are set to follow shortly.
Brokers can register at www.norwichunion.com/e-broking.
For further information, please contact:
Debbie Wells at Staniforth Communications on 0161 274 0100 orDavid Ross at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 65/07786 526350
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union Insurance is the UK's largest insurer with amarket share of around 16% and is 1.5 times the size of itsnearest rival. It is also the largest personal lines insurer.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union's news releases and a selection of images areavailable on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
- For all life and pension media enquiries 08703 66 68 73.
- For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68.