Article date: 27 June 2003
Van owner Philip Tebble scooped a massive cash prize courtesy ofNorwich Union Direct.
Philip’s name was entered in a free prize draw when heasked the insurer for a free quotation to cover his van – andcollected a cool £10,000.
Philip said: "I am totally dependent on my van to run thebusiness so was looking for an insurance policy that will keep meon the road and won’t let me, or my customers, down.
"We set up the FiltaFry franchise in the West Yorkshire area inMarch this year and have already attracted clients such as KFC,Asda and Burger King.
"I am absolutely delighted by the win. We are going to put themoney straight back into the business. This huge cash injectionmeans that we will be able to build up the company much faster thanwe’d originally planned."
Peter Allott, market development manager at Norwich Unionpresented Philip with his prize. Peter said: "Our van insuranceoffers, we believe, the most competitive rate on the market.
"We understand that many small, van-based companies are entirelydependent on their transport to run their business. In case ofbreakdown, there is the option of NU Rescue and, should the van beoff the road, we offer an emergency replacement van option –critical to keep the business going.
"Norwich Union Direct van insurance policyholders can takeadvantage of discounted van hire rates if they need an additionalvehicle and there are round-the-clock claim lines to miminise anydelay. The comprehensive policy can be tailored to meet individualrequirements and includes up to 62.5% no claims discount, medicalexpenses, legal expenses, personal belongings and personal injurycover."
Filtafry is a mobile business with the state-of-the-art vacuumequipment all contained in the van to allow operation at customersites. The service helps catering firms improve their health andsafety policy and minimise environmental damage by thoroughlycleaning deep fat fryers and recycling the frying oil.
For a free quotation please contact Norwich Union Direct on 0800092 2763.
For further information, please contact:
Alison Owen at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100 or David Ross at NorwichUnion on 08703 66 68 65/07786 52635
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer with a marketshare of around 16% and is more than 1.5 times the size of itsnearest rival. It is also the largest personal lines insurer.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses.
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection ofimages are available on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68.
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68