Article date: 23 July 2003
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’s largest fundmanagers, has launched TrusteeTutor.com. This free website has beendeveloped for pension fund trustees seeking to maximise theirunderstanding of the pension fund management industry.
TrusteeTutor.com covers areas such as:
- The role of pension fund trustees
- The different types of occupational pensions schemesavailable
- An introduction to investments
- The role of independent consultants
- Myners’ Review and FRS 17
The website has been designed to complement trustee trainingdays which Morley is hosting for its clients.
The need for full trustee training has been gaining importancesince the Pensions Act 1995 placed new responsibilities on trusteesand imposes penalties if they are not met. This attitude has alsobeen strongly echoed in the Myners’ Report which waspublished in 2001.
Alistair Morrison, managing director, Institutional at MorleyFund Management, said: “Following the Pensions Act 1995 andthe Myners’ report, the need for full trustee training ismore important today than ever before. It is essential thattrustees are well briefed and aware of their responsibilities inthis increasingly complex environment. Morley believes that fundmanagers have a role to play in the education of trustees and weare therefore delighted to be able to offer TrusteeTutor.com to UKpension fund trustees.”
TrusteeTutor.com is a free source of information aimed atpension fund trustees. It can be accessed atwww.trusteetutor.com
For further information please contact:
Laura Cook, PR Executive 020 7809 8125
Morley Fund Management
Notes to editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £104 billion under management (as at 31.03.03). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs over1000 personnel worldwide based in London, Singapore and anassociate office in Boston*.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brands.
Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union) -Standard and Poor’s 2002
Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award -Liveable City Awards 2002
Pensions Management Provider Awards 2002 – Commended for BestSRI Fund Manager and Best Fixed Income Fund Manager
*Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Aviva company
- Further information about Morley Fund Management can be foundat www.morleyfm.com
- Morley Fund Management is a business name of Morley FundManagement Limited, registered in England No 1151805. A member ofthe Norwich Union Marketing Group, members of which are authorisedand regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority forlife assurance, pensions and investments. Registered Office: No 1Poultry, London EC2R 8EJ. A member of the Investment ManagementAssociation.
Morley Fund Management is also a business name of MorleyInvestment Services Limited and Morley Fund ManagementInternational Limited. All are Aviva companies.
Contact us at Morley Fund Management, No 1 Poultry, LondonEC2R 8EJ.
Telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoringpurposes.