Article date: 5 August 2003
Norwich Union Risk Services has produced a range of online riskmanagement factsheets for brokers.
A series of 120 fact sheets have been added to thecompany’s website www.nu-riskservices.co.uk, covering a rangeof health, safety, security, fire and environmental topics. Eachfactsheet, available as a PDF download, identifies legislation,describes the implications for business and outlines key actionsthat should be taken for a specific risk.
The company has also launched a weekly e-mail bulletin, the NetRisk, designed to keep brokers informed about the many risks andregulations affecting their customers.
Brian Wallace, head of Norwich Union Risk Services, said:“We recognise that it can be quite difficult for brokers tokeep up to date with changes to legislation. However, increasinglytheir customers are expecting this of them. We believe that theseservices, which are free to our broker partners, can really helpthem to meet their customers’ expectations in an effectiveand time-saving way.”
For further information, please contact: Debbie Wells atStaniforth on 0161 274 0100 or Louise Zucchi at Norwich Union on08703 66 68 60/07786 526350.
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer with a marketshare of around 16 per cent and is more than 1.5 times the size ofits nearest rival. It is also the largest personal linesinsurer.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68