Article date: 5 August 2003
A delegate of Norwich Union Risk Services’ health andsafety training courses has been awarded the prize for the bestEnvironmental Diploma paper of 2002 by NEBOSH (the NationalExamination Board in Occupational Safety and Health).
Moira Simpson, Safety, Health & Environment Adviser to AEATechnology Environment, the UK’s leading environmental andenergy consultancy, was presented with her award at a ceremony inBirmingham in May.
David said of Moira’s achievement: “We would like tooffer our congratulations to Moira. Norwich Union Risk Services isabsolutely delighted that all her hard work has been recognised inthis way by NEBOSH. All of our environmental diploma students putin an amazing effort in 2002 and a 100% pass rate was maintainedthroughout the year.”
Teresa Budworth added: “This is the second time in fouryears that one of our delegates has been presented with this awardby NEBOSH; a record which highlights the quality of the trainingand the follow up support that David provides to all of ourenvironmental diploma delegates.”
For further information, please contact: Debbie Wells atStaniforth on 0161 274 0100 or Louise Zucchi at Norwich Union on08703 66 68 60/07860 203466
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer with a marketshare of around 16 per cent and is more than 1.5 times the size ofits nearest rival. It is also the largest personal linesinsurer.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
- one in five households
- one in five motor vehicles
- more than 700,000 businesses<</li>/ul>
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection ofimages are available on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 6873
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68