Article date: 1 September 2003
Norwich Union Healthcare is launching a unique all in onehealthcare package to all its group Private Medical Insurancepolicyholders on 1 September 2003+. This new added valueservice called Personal Health Manager is available at noadditional cost and is a service accessible online.
The key benefits available from Personal Health Manager:
- Symptom Assessment
- Health Planner
- Medical Encyclopaedia
- Waiting List Guide
- 24 hour GP helpline
- Stress Counselling helpline
Nicole Hockley, Communications Manager, Norwich UnionHealthcare, said: “The key benefit of Personal Health Managerfor employers is that it re-defines group Private Medical Insuranceby focussing on employees’ well-being. Employees can nowbenefit from a comprehensive range of interactive tools to helpthem stay healthy alongside the usual Private Medical Insurancebenefits. We like to think of this package of benefits as realhealth insurance because of its unique offering across the wholeboard.
Hockley continued: “According to the CBI Annual AbsenceSurvey 2002, short-term illness costs British business £11.6billion a year. By using the health planner this could helpemployees to lead a healthier lifestyle and improve well-being, andnot just help them when they are ill. It could also potentiallysave employers money in sickness absence costs.”
For further information on Personal Health Manager and for afree annual intermediary trial access code** intermediaries shouldcall 0845 3000 649*.
Press office contacts:
James Evans 08703 66 68 78
Out of hours 07790 487105
Lorna Wiltshire 08703 66 68 78
Out of hours 07788 471849
Louise Goffee 08703 66 68 70
Out of hours 07810 057362
Ian Beggs 08703 66 68 71
Out of hours 07790 487533
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. It is aleading provider of life, pensions and investment products and oneof the leading IFA providers. IFAs provide around 70% of thecompany’s long-term savings business.
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with building societiesand other leading UK brand names including Tesco Personal Financeand The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva's internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media
+Except Global Care
* For security and administration calls to and from NorwichUnion Healthcare may be monitored and/or recorded.
**The access code referred to in the body of the release is forintermediaries use only and should not be passed to clients. The GPand Stress Counselling Helplines are not available as part of anytrial. Personal Health Manager is strictly available for use in andby residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man only.
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcarearm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of income protectionand private medical insurance products to around 750,000customers. It is one of the largest providers of income protectionand private medical insurance in the UK.
- Norwich Union Healthcare is a member if the General InsuranceStandards Council and the Association of British Insurers.