Article date: 10 October 2003
The Norwich Union media relations team has been voted the bestpress office at a financial services company in the UK.
The award, based on the votes of personal finance and tradepress journalists, was presented this week (8 October) at theAssociation of British Insurers Financial Media Awards 2003.
Norwich Union and parent company Aviva handles media relationsfrom a 14-strong team, headed by Hayley Stimpson, director ofexternal affairs.
Hayley Stimpson, Aviva's director of external affairs, said:"We’ve built a strong team of media relations professionalsand placed high priority on building good working relationshipswith both journalists and our colleagues within the Norwich Unionand Aviva businesses.
"By working in partnership with our in-house colleagues anddemonstrating how media relations can add value to the business, wehave been able to promote Norwich Union as a market leader anddeliver what journalists want in a timely and efficient way."
In presenting the award Chris Wheal, chairman of the FinancialJournalists’ Group, listed the following comments about theNorwich Union team from the journalists who voted them into the topspot:
- Is prepared to puts its head above the parapet and speak out.That is rare among insurers.
- They encourage company specialists with strong, forwardlooking opinions to express them rather than modify them.
- Always find top people for comments; always return callspromptly; understand deadlines; and are contactable 24/7
- Helpful, factual and quick; they are always a reliable sourceof statistics and case studies
- You can ask daft, even historic, questions and they come backwithin minutes with the answer.
- Will assist on a story even if there is no benefit to thecompany.
- They're proactive without being pushy.
Further details from:
Hayley Stimpson, director of external affairs, Aviva plc on 0207662 7544
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer.
- Parent company Aviva plc is the world’s seventh-largestinsurer based on worldwide gross written premiums.
- Aviva and Norwich Union news releases and a selection ofimages are available on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media