Article date: 20 October 2003
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’s largest fundmanagers, has appointed David Watson, 44, as chief financialofficer (subject to regulatory approval). David joins the companytoday and will be appointed to the Morley board.
David was most recently group finance director of M&G Group.David joined M&G as finance director in 1994. Following theacquisition of M&G by Prudential plc in 1999, David becamefinance director of the merged asset management businesses of thetwo groups.
David previously worked in investment banking at Nat WestMarkets for a number of years, including a four-year assignment toTokyo.
At Morley, David’s role will include responsibility forthe finance team as well as the compliance, business risk and legalfunctions.
Commenting on the appointment, Keith Jones, chief executiveofficer at Morley, said: "We are delighted to have attractedsomeone of David’s calibre to Morley. His extensiveexperience both in investment banking and fund management will makehim a valuable member of the board."
David Watson said: "I am very much looking forward to joiningthe team at Morley. The quality and commitment of its peoplecoupled with the strength and reach of the Aviva group is apowerful mixture and I welcome the opportunity to play a role inMorley's future development."
For further information please contact:
Fiona Baker,Head of Corporate Communications 020 7809 8617
Morley Fund Management
Notes to Editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £100 billion under management (as at 30.06.03). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs over1000 personnel worldwide based in London, Singapore and anassociate office in Boston*.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brands.
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2002 – Commended forBest SRI Fund Manager and Best Fixed Income Fund Manager
- *Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com