Article date: 3 November 2003
Morley Fund Management today is pleased to announce thatKatherine Garrett-Cox will succeed Gerry Holtham as chiefinvestment officer (CIO) on his retirement in 2004. Katherinewill also be appointed to the Morley board (subject to regulatoryapproval).
Katherine was most recently chief investment officer at AberdeenAsset Management and will join Morley early in 2004 in advance ofGerry’s departure to ensure a smooth hand over.
Keith Jones, chief executive officer of Morley Fund Management,said: "This is great news that we can welcome Katherine to Morleyat an important time in our development. We always said it wouldnot be easy to find someone of the calibre of Gerry to take overthe baton in terms of the CIO position.
"Gerry was a key player in the founding of the business and inparticular he has been instrumental in developing our investmentphilosophy and process. His legacy is the solid foundation at thecore of our company which will enable us to foster our futuregrowth.
"With this sound platform in place, Morley is well placed tomaximise Katherine’s drive and talents, particularly herbroad management skills and extensive industry experience, in thepursuit of our strategic goals."
Katherine Garrett-Cox said: "I’m delighted to have theopportunity to join Morley. I have been extremely impressed by thecalibre of the senior management team and look forward to workingwith them. I believe that Morley possesses both the vision andfocus required to become a truly world class fund management groupand I welcome the opportunity to contribute to this excitingchallenge."
Before joining Aberdeen, Katherine was head of North Americanequities at Hill Samuel Investment Management where she worked from1993-2000.
For further information please contact:
Fiona Baker, Head of Corporate Communications 020 7809 8617
Morley Fund Management
Notes to Editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £100 billion under management (as at 30.06.03). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs inthe region of 900 staff worldwide based in London, Singapore andan associate office in Boston*.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2002 – Commended forBest SRI Fund Manager and Best Fixed Income Fund Manager
*Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com.