Article date: 3 November 2003
A team of green fingered volunteers from Norwich Uniontransformed a garden with ideas put forward from the young carersat the NCH Willows project in Kings Lynn on Friday 24 October2003.
In June Norwich Union launched a five year, £1.4m partnershipwith NCH, the children’s charity to support, educate, andbuild the confidence of some of the UK’s most vulnerableyoung people. Offering staff members the chance to make adifference in their local communities by participating in staffvolunteering is a key element of this partnership.
The Norwich Union volunteers will be creating a quiet area withflowerbeds and murals for the children and young people to have anarea to read and chat. In addition to this they will design abarbecue area, a games area on tarmac, stepping-stones on the lawnand a herb garden.
Local businesses, including Citycare, Norwich; Glazewing LimitedWaste Services, Dereham; Hewden Hire Centre, Kings Lynn; Kings Lynnand West Norfolk Borough Council; UGS Ltd, Little Melton; DerehamCoachways, Dereham; Thorns DIY, Norwich; Read Timber Limited,Norwich; Downham Garden Centre, Downham Market; and Tilemania,Norwich have all rallied round to help provide equipment andsupplies.
Norwich Union’s head of sponsorship, David Czerwinskisaid: "This project will greatly enhance the life of the familiesat the project, giving our staff a real opportunity to make adifference and for local businesses to play an active part bysupplying equipment and expertise."
- ends -
For further information, please contact: GrantImlach 0207 704 7013 or Lucy Haughey at Norwich Union on 01603684916.
Selection of photographs available on request
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer with a marketshare of around 16 per cent and is more than 1.5 times the size ofits nearest rival. It is also the largest personal linesinsurer.
- It has a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses. It insures:
· one in five households
· one in five motor vehicles
· more than 700,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality interviews.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68